Tuesday 17 November 2015

Unconventional Golf Tuition

Some of the most common advice for people who want to get better at golf is to see a professional. This is advice I have given myself and is something that I do myself. We hear about how the best players in the world have access to the best teachers in the world. I have begun thinking about this and how I can have the best tuition in the world.

In the modern world we do not need to be near someone to learn from them. We have the telephones, television, and the internet. The golf world is only just waking up to this in comparison to other industries. There are hundreds of online courses online for learning how to write computer code but so little practical information is online specifically for golfers. This got me thinking; Can advice from other areas of life apply to golf?

I have long believed that golf is one of the most diverse games so I am sure I can learn from other areas of life. People have long looked for similarities between the golf swing and movements in other sports. A clear example of this is seen in the swing of Tommy Gainey, who says that he based his swing on a baseball movement.

If movements from other sports can be used to great success in golf, then what about mental approaches? What if lessons can be learned in other areas of life, not just sports, that can then be applied to golf? The benefits of this are clear, a technique only has to been learned once and it can then be used in different areas of a person's life. For example, maybe a person is learning a new language and they find a method that helps them speed up their learning, they could then use this same method to learn new ideas in golf more quickly. I am not aware of this idea having been explored deeply so I intend to use myself as an experiment. From what I watch on television to what I read, I will see if I can find something that I can apply to golf.

No comments:

Post a Comment